Saturday, January 12, 2008

Kaedrin's PRC pack and more...

Okay, enough strolling down memory lane. :)

Back to some serious modding! I have decided to incorporate Kaedrin's PRC pack (along with Reeron's spell fixes and Tony K's AI) into "A Time to Die" and bump up the levels of the companions to be able to use the new prestige classes for them. Karena, Erik, and Trent will definitely have the new prestige class. I am not sure about Ming-na, Ramina, and Logan yet. Ming-na is powerful enough as a straight sorceress, I believe.

That means that a PC is going to need to be at least a level 9 or 10 to play the campaign now. I'll include a leveling up option at the start of the campaign. I have to wait for Kaedrin to do some more adjustments for this to work for companions and monsters. He is working on a fix this week.

The Combined Hak Pack is at:
http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=NWN2HakpaksCombined.Detail&id=14

Kaedrin's PRC Hak is at:
http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=NWN2HakpaksOriginal.Detail&id=209

Reeron's and Trekari's Spell Fixes and Improvements are at:
http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=NWN2Scripts.Detail&id=99

Tony K's Companion and Monster AI is at:
http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=NWN2HakpaksOriginal.Detail&id=141

7 comments:

Delak said...

Sounds Good Lady E.

Can you give some more information about Tony K's AI.

Ryshara said...

I am using it in my campaign to give the companions a bit more independence to switch their weapons in a battle on their own and for the baddies to be a bit tougher.

There's a funny scene where I was testing an encounter for the first time using his AI. Usually, I had to open the doors of the tavern rooms to fight these little groups of pesky goblins. With his AI enhancements, those pesky goblins opened all the doors at once and swarmed me! I had to laugh when I saw that the first time. I've moved on to tougher encounters now since the levels of the companions and PC will be much higher at the start now...but it was a hoot to see them pouring out into the hallway all at once.

Delak said...

That sounds very cool. I have looked on the nwvault for this but could not find it.

Do you have a link to it?

Ryshara said...

Yes, I have updated the post with all of the links. Hope this helps! :)

Ryshara said...

Yes, I have updated the post with all of the links. Hope this helps! :)

Delak said...

awesome, your the best Lady E. Thank you very much.

Ryshara said...

You're welcome! Oops, I see that I somehow double posted the previous reply. :)