Monday, February 11, 2008

Skype Broadcast Update

I had a blast participating in the Modules in Development broadcast last night. I could feel Michele's frustration at the technical difficulties, but she handled it all with style (I sent her some virtual valium to calm her down - just kidding!) Once we got started, I didn't want it to stop. A special thanks to Michele, Jay and Jonny for setting up this broadcast.

I must be honest that I was quite nervous on the broadcast, but I managed to get a few pointers across. :)

I got a lot of ideas from other builders such as Duncan (Wyrin), Ernie (ENoa), Ethan (Nalencer), Brian (Raith) and Kevin (Delak). Thanks for sharing! I missed Ronnie (Amraphael) not being there but he had too many difficulties to stay on the call.

It was also comforting to have E.C. and Sirchet listening from the GPS team as well as Kaedrin and jclef. Thanks to everyone who participated and I hope you got some ideas to use for your own modules. :)

8 comments:

Jclef said...

I definitely learned a lot from the discussion. Mostly about new tools for the modding arsenal! :)

Ryshara said...

Yes, me too! I also learned that other people consider quality interactions with companions to be important, just like I do. Nice to know I am on the right track in that regard. Even if I don't know when an area is finished. LOL!

Wyrin said...

i got a little nervous about it just before - wasn;t up until then. But was fun.

I still go back and add color/texture to areas I 'finished' 4 months ago...

Ryshara said...

Aha! So I am not the only one guilty of a bit of nerves before or during the broadcast - as well as not knowing when done is done on an area. Glad to know that. :D

You did great, Wyrin, on the call and I am glad that you were able to participate. :)

Anonymous said...

I tried to hide my frustration. Obviously not very well LOL Since Eva wanted to send me drugs!

I completely get the nervous thing. I was the same way when I first started at nwnp. Now? I feel like it is just another phone call :) I look forward to meeting all the wonderful people I get to interview!

You all did great! I can't express that enough.

Liso

SirChet said...

I only caught the last 30 minutes or so, but it was very informative. I'm looking forward to the next one.

Ernie Noa said...

I got to hear the initial cut of the skypecast the other day, you came across very well. Dynamic, interesting and knowledgeable.

Ryshara said...

Thank you, Ernie! That really makes my day... :)