Sunday, April 27, 2008

Duran Duran Concert


I wanted to let you know that I will be out of town for a few days - I am going to the Duran Duran concert in Vancouver! I've been a fan for 29 years. Ever since high school, I have wanted to see them perform live.

Update: May 1, 2008

I'm back from the concert and what an amazing performance! They sounded just as good live as they did in their recorded works. They played all of my favourites like Rio, Wild Boys, Hungry Like the Wolf, Come Undone, Notorious, Sunrise, Planet Earth, Save a Prayer (all of us waving our cellphones and lighters) among many others. I was impressed with their new CD, especially the Falling Down song. The whole band seemed to be really enjoying themselves and I know I won't ever forget the concert.



Testing on the Act I of the Saga is coming along very nicely, beta testing won't be too far off...I hope! I have plenty of encounters and dialogue to still add in, but the main storyline is basically ready now.

8 comments:

Wyrin said...

not so keen on their more recent stuff, but their back catalogue is pretty fun!

Come Undone was always a favorite

have fun!

Amraphael said...

I see... they're out of cash again :)) I like a lot of their early songs and a few tracks on "Wedding Album"

Great to see that the beta testing is going well.

Ernie Noa said...

I had no idea they were still playing. Very cool.

Ryshara said...

Yes, I agree with all of you that their earlier stuff is way better! I am hoping that they play a good majority of old songs too. :)

Anonymous said...

Same here. i like their early stuff.

out of cash again? hehe

I saw them in 2000 at the Texas Stadium. It was a really good show. But then they had no real new stuff then...

Have fun Lady E! I know you've been looking forward to this!

Liso

Raith Veldrin said...

I'm with Wyrin.
Everything old + Come Undone would be a perfect Duran Duran concert for me (maybe a little Electric Barberella).

They will always stand as a pillar of 80's entertainment and I'd see them live any chance I had.

Ryshara said...

Thanks Raith and I agree 100%! They did play a lot of their older music and I was close enough to see how much they were enjoying themselves.

All in all, a memory to cherish! :)

ocean of game said...

If the Bee Gees, Madonna, Donna Summer, and Chic can be in the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame, it's time that these guys went in!